Breedlove DSCN01NCERCAM Discovery S Concert Nylon CE Red Cedar-African Mahogany
Classical guitarists have long been drawn to western red cedar, knowing it responds beautifully to the press of skin on nylon strings, releasing cascades of tone to every touch. Whether an experienced player, or just beginning your guitar journey, the Discovery S Concert Nylon CE—made with Breedlove’s new earth-conscious, sonically superior EcoTonewood technology—will help you unleash your soul. A light gauge flatpick, wielded with grace on nylon strings, can reveal unexpected pleasures as well! Appointments, in addition to convenient, accurate Fishman Presys I electronics, include a natural satin finish, slotted Asymmetrical headstock and sleek, easy-playing African mahogany neck with soft cutaway access to every expressive fret. Discover the Breedlove ECO Collection—where the guitar meets the forest.
- Sustainable & Clear Cut Free: Made from sustainably-sourced exotic and native tonewoods. No clear-cut trees are used in these instruments. Breedlove uses salvaged and individually harvested timber and has deep relationships with responsible suppliers around the globe. As we move towards sustainability across all lines, owner Tom Bedell has visited 15 countries to discover exactly where the wood comes from, how it is selected and harvested, and how this affects the wildlife, the community, the forest and the planet.
- THE CONCERT BODY SHAPE: The Concert is our most popular body shape, favored by players because it is well-balanced, compact, comfortable to play, and offers all the qualities of a great sounding guitar. It generates a wonderfully articulate range of tone with an ample low end that is never boomy, but always felt. The Concert works well when played fingerstyle, as vocal accompaniment, or at a full strum.
- MAHOGANY BACK & SIDES: Long treasured by cabinetmakers and shipwrights for its simple, straight-grained beauty, strength and workability, mahogany—used in tops, backs, sides and necks—is also one of the true classic tonewoods, famous for its clear, strong fundamental; even string-to-string balance; and warm midrange emphasis. Mahogany pairs well with spruce tops as well as with itself in single species guitars—and both combinations define much of American roots music.
- RED CEDAR TOP: Softer than spruce, with a warmer cast to its look and its tone, western red cedar has less headroom for a heavy attack, but comes alive—with sweet harmonics and a wide tonal palette—for a lighter touch. Related to mahogany, it shares a focused sound, much loved by fingerstylists.
- BREEDLOVE PINLESS BRIDGE: Breedlove’s pinless Delta bridge is a distinctive element, alright, with a sleek, modern contour that adds an extra bit of unexpected beauty to every instrument, from Discovery to Legacy. But it also adds welcome functionality while anchoring great sound. Beginners love the fact that string changes are much easier without having to wrestle a traditional pin bridge. Pros love it for the same reason! No more looking for lost pins during a fast backstage string swap. And its low profile makes for perfect right hand damping.
- THE BREEDLOVE NECK: Breedlove guitars feature a slimmer neck profile, which enables comfortable play, even with smaller hands. The hand-rubbed, semi-gloss Breedlove neck finish also contributes to ideal playability. The labor-intensive finish process includes precise finish coat applications, fine sanding, and hand buffing and rubbing.
- LIMITED LIFETIME WARRANTY: Breedlove players around the world can attest: With consistent, proper care, your Breedlove will give you a lifetime of service – and inspiration. New Breedlove instruments, purchased through an authorized Breedlove dealer, are warrantied to be free of defects in materials and workmanship throughout the lifetime of the original owner. In addition to materials and workmanship, Breedlove offers a two-year warranty on tuning machines and electronics packages. Cases and bags are subject to a one-year warranty covering defects in structure and hardware.
- ECOTONEWOOD BACK & SIDES: With EcoTonewood, Breedlove makes laminate technology sustainable, introducing a resonant core tonewood layer of clear-cut free, individually harvested African mahogany in place of the typical tone-robbing softwoods used in standard acoustic guitar manufacture. Coupled with Breedlove’s deep research into revolutionary body shapes; building to target tonewood weight adds to the optimized, natural sound of each guitar in the ECO Collection. And, Breedlove creates these better sounding laminate guitars while being kind to the earth while maintaining an accessible, entry-level price-point.
- SOLID WOOD TOPS: Along with its body shape, a guitar’s top is the defining element of its sound, driving, through its vibration, the key aspects of volume, tone, sustain and projection. Spruce will, due in part to its famous stiffness-to-weight ratio, ring loud and clear. A solid wood top translates those vibrations with more immediacy and purity of tone, and reacts more directly with the intent of a player. If you are at an intermediate level or above, you will appreciate the instantly recognizable benefits of a solid wood top.