Breedlove PSCA42CEMYMY Pursuit Exotic S Concertina Tigers Eye CE
Myrtlewood, while native to Oregon’s Pacific coast, might just be the most ‘exotic’ of all tonewoods, capturing the deep bass of rosewood, the pure warmth of mahogany and the sweet, glassy treble of maple in one exquisite, visually enchanting package—here under an equally captivating tortoise-bound Tiger’s Eye gloss finish. This sustainable acoustic electric Pursuit Exotic S Concertina has all the charm of a vintage short-scale 12-fret parlor guitar, but with a full, punchy modern sound and maximum playing comfort. A fast, slim neck and soft cutaway access to every fret let your fingers, and your heart, have their say. Sound better than ever with Breedlove’s earth-conscious, sonically superior EcoTonewood technology. Get fierce with a Tiger’s Eye!
- Made from sustainably-sourced exotic and native tonewoods. No clear-cut trees are used in these instruments. Breedlove uses salvaged and individually harvested timber and has deep relationships with responsible suppliers around the globe. As we move towards sustainability across all lines, owner Tom Bedell has visited 15 countries to discover exactly where the wood comes from, how it is selected and harvested, and how this affects the wildlife, the community, the forest and the planet.
- Breedlove’s small body guitar, delivering a surprisingly clear, crisp, loud sound. It’s 12-frets to the body design make it a joy to play. Extensive Sound Optimization™ engineering has resulted in a body shape that has a bigger sound and is more comfortable to play than a traditional parlor.
- Popularized by Breedlove, myrtlewood, from the windblown Oregon coast, combines the best elements of rosewood, mahogany and maple—rich bass, warm midrange and clear, bright trebles—for truly versatile guitars. Each sonically distinct instrument is individualized by the gnarled, wildly varied, but always arresting grain patterns.
- Breedlove’s pinless Delta bridge is a distinctive element, alright, with a sleek, modern contour that adds an extra bit of unexpected beauty to every instrument, from Discovery to Legacy. But it also adds welcome functionality while anchoring great sound. Beginners love the fact that string changes are much easier without having to wrestle a traditional pin bridge. Pros love it for the same reason! No more looking for lost pins during a fast backstage string swap. And its low profile makes for perfect right hand damping.
- Breedlove guitars feature a slimmer neck profile, which enables comfortable play, even with smaller hands. The hand-rubbed, semi-gloss Breedlove neck finish also contributes to ideal playability. The labor-intensive finish process includes precise finish coat applications, fine sanding, and hand buffing and rubbing.