Breedlove RFCN51CEAMAM Rainforest S Concert Papillon CE
You care about the earth; you care about great sound; and you care about beauty—why not have it all? Breedlove’s dazzling new acoustic electric Rainforest S Series, part of the sustainable ECO Collection, lets you do just that. Support the environment and sound better than ever with Breedlove’s earth-conscious, sonically superior EcoTonewood technology. A slim-necked, solid-topped all African mahogany Concert body matches trademark Breedlove comfort and versatility with the warm midrange focus favored by songwriters, roots rockers and folkies alike. Tap into your spirit! A stylish soft cutaway lets you reach every fret, and a shimmering stardust Papillon finish puts all the colorful beauty of the rainforest right into your hands. Have it all!
- Made from sustainably-sourced exotic and native tonewoods. No clear-cut trees are used in these instruments. Breedlove uses salvaged and individually harvested timber and has deep relationships with responsible suppliers around the globe. As we move towards sustainability across all lines, owner Tom Bedell has visited 15 countries to discover exactly where the wood comes from, how it is selected and harvested, and how this affects the wildlife, the community, the forest and the planet.
- With EcoTonewood, Breedlove makes laminate technology sustainable, introducing a resonant core tonewood layer of clear-cut free, individually harvested African mahogany in place of the typical tone-robbing softwoods used in standard acoustic guitar manufacture. Coupled with Breedlove’s deep research into revolutionary body shapes; building to target tonewood weight adds to the optimized, natural sound of each guitar in the ECO Collection. And, Breedlove creates these better sounding laminate guitars while being kind to the earth while maintaining an accessible, entry-level price-point.
- Fishman’s Presys I side mounted Preamp Systems provides supreme sound quality with easy access and usability. These preamps feature Volume, Tone shaping, and Phase controls; a pre-wired Fishman Sonicore pickup and low profile control knobs. The batter box is located on the bottom of the instrument for easy access and quick battery changes.
- Sometimes called khaya, African mahogany has a familiar crisp, clean and warm voice and boasts an impressive versatility, taking well to fingerpicking as well as to a more robust strumming attack without losing clarity. All mahogany instruments—like the Rainforest Series (which features sustainably harvested wood source from the Republic of Congo) offer a natural compression that delights blues players, folkies and singer/songwriters.
- The Concert is our most popular body shape, favored by players because it is well-balanced, compact, comfortable to play, and offers all the qualities of a great sounding guitar. It generates a wonderfully articulate range of tone with an ample low end that is never boomy, but always felt. The Concert works well when played fingerstyle, as vocal accompaniment, or at a full strum.
- The all solid African mahogany top provides a crisp, clean and warm voice and boasts an impressive versatility, taking well to fingerpicking as well as to a more robust strumming attack without losing clarity.